Use the power of story to highlight your community and build a sense of belonging.
December 1, 1.00 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. EST
Storytelling is much more than mere communications. As Peter Block said “Stories can give us a narrative to guide and instruct us. They are crucial to our knowing who we are; they provide a sense of identity.” In this masterclass, you will learn how to create narrative for your community that shines a spotlight on its members’ strengths, talents and absolute brilliance. Your community might be geographic, virtual, mission-based – you name it!
I have run several storytelling campaigns from highlighting startup founders to raising the profile of entrepreneurial ecosystem builders around the US to an ongoing global campaign that celebrates systemic change makers in the social enterprise space! For this masterclass, I will dig deep into my treasure chest to share with you how I use storytelling as a tool for community building!
What to bring:
- A genuine desire for community building
- An rough idea of who is in the community that you are SO excited about that you want to celebrate and highlight it for the whole world to see!
What you’ll receive:
- An introduction to the role of storytelling in community building
- A foundation of building blocks that describe your community in terms of its desired future, shared challenges and combined gifts and talents
- Campaign ideas
- A personalized approach to telling your community’s story
- interview format(s) and story collection tools
- storytelling channels
- timeline for execution