Join Impact Curator
… for the latest insights about ecosystem building for social change, early access to new content & expert interviews, first dibs on upcoming programs and services, and a healthy reminder that your work matters.
Hi, I’m Anika.
Heart & brains behind Social Venturers
I’m on a mission to help systemic changemakers build purpose-driven careers, organizations and ecosystems without burning out by creating and curating insights, resources and a peer community of social impact professionals.
The result of which is Impact Curator.
Social Venturers Insights
Your exclusive opportunities to co-create with Social Venturers:
- Join us every second Thursday of the month (until December 3rd, 2020) at one of our Fireside Chats: peer-to-peer learning sessions for experienced ecosystem builders for social change! Upcoming dates & topics:
- November 5: Connect people bottom-up, top-down, outside-in etc.
- November 19: Tell authentic stories.
- December 3: Start. Be Patient.
- We are running two more Masterclasses before the end of year to sharpen your skills as storytellers and strategic thinkers who are rooted in purpose:
- Want to see what else is cooking at Social Venturers? Head over to my monthly journal!
Professional development: Opportunities for you and social entrepreneurs you know
- The CO.STARTERS Gift Guide is still accepting small businesses to be featured for the holiday season! Where are YOU buying your gifts this year? #supportsmallbusiness
- Trying to figure out how to combine social good and a viable business? Check out Stanford University‘s Impact Business Model Canvas!
- Feeling stuck as an entrepreneur? Find a new way forward for your small business in a two-hour interactive workshop by our friends at CO.STARTERS! Refocus, November 19, 2020.
- Foster Inclusive Conversations: part 2 of our 7-part series Ecosystem Building 101 is now live. Ecosystem builders for social change from Arkansas, Virginia, New Mexico, Arizona, Puerto Rico and Albania share how they foster inclusive conversations in their entrepreneurial communities:
- Cities and Businesses of Color: A Guide to Economic Growth: This guide for city leaders, economic development professionals, and ecosystem-builders shares principles, approaches, and stories of public servants and local partners to inspire action in your communities.
- Zebras Unite has been crowdcasting like there’s no tomorrow and I am loving all the content! Instead of your next Netflix binge, check out their recorded sessions on Crowdcast! For example, find out what a Zebra even is and download their community survey!
- I loved this short read about the importance of entrepreneurship for recovery from COVID-19. Victor Hwang, Entrepreneurship Is the Vaccine for Urban Economies in Bloomberg.
- At the same time, this: The pandemic is deterring women from becoming entrepreneurs.
- “37% of black women tech founders are building businesses in some of the fastest growing industries for startups that account for US$5 trillion in global market value.” Read The New Face of a Founder. Uncovering black women as the next billion dollar founders.
- Our friends at Forward Cities in Durham, N.C., are looking for a full-time research assistant with a strong understanding of systemic racism and inequities in the U.S.
- CO.STARTERS are looking for their next community manager. Location-flexible, great team and an exciting opportunity for anyone passionate about helping entrepreneurs and their communities thrive!
- The Center on Rural Innovation in the U.S. is looking to fill a number of exciting roles!
- The Skoll Foundation is looking for a Network Manager to join their team in Palo Alto, California!
- Arabella Advisors are seeking a Managing Director for the U.S. Midwest.
- The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks a Director of Research and Education who has significant experience in the field of sustainable and impact investing (Washington, D.C.).
- BlackRock is looking for their next VP Corporate Sustainability in New York City.
- Peloton is looking for support in their social impact department!
- Mastercard Foundation is seeking their next Director for their Center for Inclusive Growth!
- IDEO U is looking for part-time Teaching Assistants to join their team.
- The African Visionary Fund is seeking a Co-Leader to work in partnership with its Executive Director, Katie Bunten-Wamaru, to deliver on the Fund’s vision of African changemakers having access to the resources they need to accelerate their impact and being recognized by funders as critical drivers of #systemschange on the continent.
- Our friends at Yunus Social Business are hiring for a number of positions in Berlin, Kampala and remotely!
- The Open Society Foundation (OSF)’s Economic Justice Program (EJP) seeks an Associate Investment Principal based in London, UK.
- ProjectTogether in Germany are hiring a Strategic Mission Lead!
- Are you excited about the investment opportunities hidden in emerging markets and want to work in an impact driven organization? Seedstars is looking to full a number of exciting positions around the world!
- November 4-6, Restart with CO.STARTERS: 3-day series to learn how you can develop an entrepreneur support strategy that will rebuild, refresh, and restart your community
- November 10, Race to Recovery: a ‘selfie’ town hall and social hackathon uplifting the voices of a community of diverse ecosystem builders from across the U.S.
- November 12: BLD Southeast: B Corp leadership development
- November 16 – 22, Global Entrepreneurship Week
- November 17 – 19, Ashoka Changemaker Summit
Drop me a line!
I’m accepting new clients through the rest of the year. Please drop me a line and we’ll get started with your next project!